Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pile the bodies high at Austerlitz and Waterloo.
Shovel them under and let me work—
                                          I am the grass; I cover all.

And pile them high at Gettysburg
And pile them high at Ypres and Verdun.
Shovel them under and let me work.
Two years, ten years, and passengers ask the conductor:
                                          What place is this?
                                          Where are we now?

                                          I am the grass.
                                          Let me work.
                                                                            --  Carl Sandburg
On this day in 1915, the German army launched its assault against French troops in Ypres, Belgium, using the brand new chemical warfare weapon:  chlorine gas.  By the end of the war, nearly half a million troops from both sides were injured by exposure to gas.

This morning the news is reporting that Iran is reverse engineering the U.S. drone it captured, and from the Washington Post just 4 days ago, this development about our newest nifty weapon:

The CIA is seeking authority to expand its covert drone campaign in Yemen by launching strikes against terrorism suspects even when it does not know the identities of those who could be killed, U.S. officials said.   http://tinyurl.com/7xv8mou

                                               I am the drone.
                                               Let me work.


No comments:

Post a Comment