Sunday, April 8, 2012

Let them eat cake.

Sure, it's easy to mock the latest trend in parenting, or rather parenting-to-be:  the gender reveal party, described in the New York Times: 

Gender-reveal cake photo from
New York Times.
Parents typically arrange for the ultrasound technician to withhold the gender finding from them. The technician places the information Oscars-style in an envelope, which the couple might then deliver to a baker, who whips up a pink or blue cake, covering the telltale color with frosting. The couple discover the gender when they cut the cake amid shrieking in-laws and fluttering confetti.

“It gave us more time to cry, laugh, scream and just be free to celebrate with all of our hearts, rather than to be in some dark room with a total stranger,” said Ms. Marrelli, 34, who live-streamed her results (boy) and the cheering throng in her home to dozens of other friends and family members around the country.

Here's the link:  http://tinyurl.com/cbs8kqh

Yes, it's easy to assume that if a couple can't take the news of their baby's gender in a "dark room with a total stranger," they might not be prepared for the nitty-gritty of parenthood.  Still, I say, as long as it's delivered with a little creative baked goodness, they'll be delighted with the news that:

 "I've been having sex with my geometry teacher and now I'm sixteen and pregnant!"







"I'm the drug connection for my entire high school!"





"I've been falsely convicted and now I'm off to prison where I'll be fresh meat for hardened convicts!"




"I'm an incipient serial killer who has so far tortured and killed animals, but I plan on making mommy and daddy my first human victims!"




Happy Easter, darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment